Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Day 3

Today has been freakin' awesome! I mean AWESOME!!


I took a whole load of healthy snacks to work today and grazed all day. My energy levels have been through the roof. Usually at 230/3pm I have a lull and feel like I need to nap. Not today. I felt like a Duracel Bunny!


This is what I ate (at work):

  • 1 banana
  • 1 punnett of blueberries
  • 1/2 punnet of strawberries
  • 300g 30% reduced fat humous (shared with a friend)
  • 1 handful of carrot batons
  • 1 handful of cucumber batons
  • 1 handful of celery batons.

When I got home this evening I made (for myself and the mother):
  • Warmed goats cheese sprinkled with crushed walnuts, on a bed of rocket, drizzled with balsamic glaze
  • Grilled pork steaks (marinated in freshly squeezed lemon and dried rosemary), with mash potatoes, green beans, peas and gravy
Mum, the cheeky sod, couldn't believe how domesticated I am.

I'm still having really bad cravings for sweet things. I have resisted the urge to eat biscuits and chocolate today. Instead I have made some banana muffins from this amazing cook book


I do have the book released before this, which explains the diet and has a few recipes in it, but I have loaned it to mum.

As a favour to my twitter diet buddy, Sarah, here is the recipe for said tasty muffins (please note that as it's an American cook book, all measurements are done in cup sizes. I only use cups for cooking now as it's so easier than weighing shit out on scales).

The recipe for No Flour, No Sugar Banana Muffins (extracted from the book)
These muffins are easy to make and freeze well. Place them in individual services packages in your freezer and microwave for 15 seconds for breakfast.

Ingredients
  • 4 cups of oatmeal (porridge oats to you and I)
  • 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce (I made my own by peeling, chopping and simmering in water 2 gala apples, strain then blend)
  • 8 egg whites whipped until foamy
  • 6 bananas, mashed
  • 2 cups of Splenda (sweetener)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons of baking soda (baking powder, NOT Bicarb of soda)
  • 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon (I may add an extra spoon for the next batch I make)
  • 10 tablespoons soy milk
  • 1 teaspoon of butter
  • cooking spray for coating the muffin pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (approx 270 degrees C)

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (I added the foamy egg whites last and just gently folded them in to keep the mixture light and fluffy).

Pour into muffin tins coated with cooking spray and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve warm (very tasty) or freeze.

It says this recipe makes 12 muffins, but I got 18 out of the mixture.

Here is a pic of the ingredients:


Here is a pic of the tasty muffins


These will satisfy even the strongest cravings for sweet things. The best thing is, there is no flour, no sugar, minimal fat and they're good for you! However said all things that taste good is bad for you has obviously never tried these muffins.

I am so happy I discovered this diet, and the cookbook.

Now, I have finally hit the tired wall. Time for me to go to sleep. Tomorrow I shall be taking some muffins to Dave to try, and will be roping him into taking full length pics of me so I can share the changes my body makes as I become more fit and healthy. I hope seeing my efforts will inspire some of you guys to join the Get Fit and Healthy Bandwagon.

Goodnight world. Sleep well.

P xx

No comments:

Post a Comment